Liv909's Story Storage Bin

Liv909's Animal Crossing Community Story Storage!

Story Archives

Forum Home > Story Archives > Aika Village

Liv
Site Owner

Day 1

My name is Sunshine.

That's what my parents have called me anyway. My full name is Alexis. I live with my mom and dad in Aika Village. We had a happy, beautiful life. We had a life that was envied by many. Our animal neighbors were so friendly to us, especially Octavian and Poncho. They were our closer friends. But after certain events, our lives fell apart. I don't want to focus on that just yet though. I want to remember a happy memory I had, shortly before terror gripped our lives. It was my birthday. Just my mom and dad celebrated it with me, but that was okay. The stereo was playing my favorite K.K. music and a giant cake was sitting on the table. My parents had surprised me when I had come downstairs, after playing in my playroom. It was a happy occasion where we sang and commemorated my birth and our union as one family. I will never forget that day for as long as I live. I was turning 12. My mom had told me I was becoming a nice young woman. My dad was sad and proud of me at the same time.

They loved me so much. They didn't spoil me but they lavished me with nice toys and gifts. The entire upstairs was my playroom while my parents slept in the attic. That playroom was my haven. I spent hours in there, doing different things. I would play with my dolls, my nutcracker, and my teddy bear. We would have tea parties and play house. Or someone would have to save the world. The bear was usually the hero and the nutcracker was the villain, but sometimes they switched. I also enjoyed painting. My parents saw my potential talent and embraced it. They gave me paper, paint, and easels. I was free to create my art. One painting that my family loved was one I had painted of all of us. We were all standing side by side. I was in the middle, my mom was on one side, and my dad was on the other. I loved that picture. It symbolized us as a family. But the picture I loved the most was the one on the left. It was of my mom. I loved it because I loved my mom. I painted it because I loved my mom. However, I also loved my third painting which I painted of my dog friend Goldie. I loved both my mom and Goldie. Goldie was my best friend.

One of the gifts my parents gave me for my 12th birthday was a giant dolly. It may seem immature but I loved dolls. I cherished the doll. I played with it, I slept with her, and I took her everywhere. However, shortly after I got the doll, I noticed things changing. The town was becoming trashed. Garbage and litter was placed carelessly all over. All of us (including the villagers) cleaned up the town every day; however it was always dirty again the next day. First, a pair of my mom's gloves went missing. My mom couldn't find the gloves anywhere and she had to get new ones. However those gloves never turned back up. The next thing that happened was that Goldie went missing. I loved Goldie and I was very sad that she was gone.

My mom has been very frightened lately and I can't explain it. She and Dad fight a lot when I'm in bed. I don't know what's going on and I'm scared. Mom and Dad act real to my face, but they're fake inside. I know they are. I just wish that I had answers.

In other news, a strange doll house has appeared in my playroom.

Day 2

The doll house has been constructed all by itself. It's terrifying, but I'm too scared to bring it up to my parents. Their fighting has gotten bad and I'm afraid me telling them will only make it worse. To cope, I take frequent long walks. I leave my doll at home now though. I'm too sad to enjoy her like I did before. I don't know why, but something tells me that the doll is upset. It's like the doll thinks I hate her. One day, I had taken an especially long stroll along the beach. That's when I heard screams. It came from my house. I ran back to my house and saw no one. I saw another house nearby though. I never saw this house before, but that was where the screams came from. I went into the basement and saw my dad hunched over my mom's body. It was too disgusting to get into details. I'm sickened just thinking about it. My dad turned me around and led me upstairs, but I couldn't help but seeing my doll sitting on the floor nearby.

When Dad led me upstairs, we were shocked. Before the room was blank and empty, but now there were bookcases, designed to create a maze. A narrow pathway, just big enough or one person led into the room. The doll sat in the entry way, with an axe lying on the floor. I was terrified and buried my head in my father's chest. He scooped me up and we ran upstairs. We thought we'd be safe there. We were very wrong. On the wall, there were pictures I had painted of my family everywhere. Even the furniture had similar designs on them. A television was left on, but only static was present. The doll had her back turned to us, and she was watching TV.

I had no idea where Dad and I would stay, but it wouldn't be here.

Day 3

Dad and I had packed our things and stayed at a neighbor's house for the night. However we didn't feel safe. When I woke up the next morning, my dad was nowhere to be found. I had thanked Octavian for letting us stay at his house. I headed to our house. It was trashed, similar to how the village is always trashed. My parents' clothes were strewn all over the room. My dad's clothes were wet and were hanging on a clothesline to dry. Why were his clothes wet? I went upstairs to my playroom, but it wasn't the fun happy place I had spent my childhood in. My paintings were ruined and were scribbled on. My dog and my mom were scratched off. The doll was sitting beside the easels with a black Sharpie in her hands. I choked back tears and ran out of the house.

I was worried for my life. I went down to the beach. I saw a shovel lying near a pile of freshly dug dirt. I had a funny feeling what was underneath the dirt. I didn't want to dig it back up. Nearby the shovel, I saw my dad's shoes, sitting near the water. I walked towards them and knelt down. My dad was nowhere to be found. I let my tears freely fall into the sand and walked slowly back to my house. The loss of both my parents struck me deep in my heart. I had returned to the house but something had hit me in the back of the head. My vision went dark.

When I woke up, I was in some kind of enclosure. Barriers surrounded me. I looked up and the doll was sitting there, gripping the axe. She was smiling at me. I suddenly understood everything. I was trapped here forever. The only reason I was able to find this diary is because it was underneath a table nearby my enclosure. I realize that the doll loves me and wants me to only love her. I'm not allowed to leave and I will never be allowed to leave. I will be trapped here forever. No one will care.

Because I love my doll.

July 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liv
Site Owner

Day 1

I live a wonderful life with my husband Dan and my daughter Alexis. Dan and I say that Alexis is a beautiful child and we call her our sunshine. I have a good relationship with the neighbors. We live in a nice comfortable home and we have a seemingly happy life. One of my happiest memories waI'm s our daughter's 12th birthday. It was a surprise honestly. While Sunshine was out playing all day with her friend Goldie, Dan and I were preparing Sunshine's surprise party. It was a child's dream. We set up balloons and games. We played her favorite music. We baked her a cake. Well, I baked her a cake. Dan wasn't exactly an expert cook. When she came in, she was so surprised. She loved every second of it. After she blew out her birthday candles, I told her how she was becoing a beautiful woman. I know 12 is still young, but to me, she was beginning the process. She reminded me a lot of myself when I was that age.

Dan was crying like a baby. He can deny it all he wants, but his little girl is growing up and he can't take it. We aren't the richest in the world, but Dan and I were able to pool some money to buy Sunshine a really expensive doll. We knew she wanted it. When she saw the doll, she was ecstatic. She had run up into her playroom right away. That playroom was her getaway. She imagined up practically everything with her toys up there. They saved the world, had tea parties, played house, or simply listened to her talk about her days. Besides Goldie, those toys were her best friends. Also, she enjoyed her art. When I was a kid, I loved painting however my parents didn't patronize me. They discouraged me and eventually I stopped painting and my love for art stopped. I never wanted that to happen to Sunshine. So Dan and I encouraged her. She painted different things but mostly, she painted her family and friends. Every day, every hour, every minute Sunshine told me she loved me. She painted numerous pictures of me but threw many of them out, saying they weren't good enough to portay me, because I was so beautiful and lovely. I remember kissing her and telling her that anything she does is good enough for me, because I love her unconditionally. I'm not going to push her to be perfect or flawless, because no one is.

I just want her to be herself.

A few days after her 12th birthday, things began to change. Our beautiful town was obtaining a substantial amount of litter every day. There was no explainable reason for it. Dan and I attended a Town Hall meeting where Mayor Joshua expressed his concern, reprimanded the "unknown" culprit, and urged the town to work together to make Aika Village beautiful. Dan and I definitely were not the guilty ones and we were actually the head of a committee to clean up the town every night. However, every morning we would wake up and see our work was futile. We would have to clean up all over again. Mayor Joshua issued a nighttime watch of many villagers (the lineup was rotated frequently) but no evidence turned up.

Another thing that was weird was that my gloves went missing. I used them to garden and recently, I've used them to handle the trash I was picking up. Dan and I checked the lost and found, retraced our steps, and even asked other villagers. No one knew what happened to my gloves. I had to get new ones to replace the old ones. I wasn't going to pick up the trash bare-handed. A day later, Sunshine's best friend Goldie disappeared. No one knew what happened to her either, but Mayor Joshua and the police confided that they knew she was....gone. I couldn't break the news to my daughter like that. I know she was 12, but how was I supposed to explain that her best friend was dead? The authorities don't even know who did it, let alone why it was done.

All that I knew was that Aika Village was becoming very unsafe.

Day 2

Aika Village's safety was decreasing each day and I didn't want to be there. I brought this up to Dan on many occasions; however he blew me off. We would fight frequently about it. I would want to put the house up for sale and leave. However the housing market was really bad and we wouldn't get many Bells. Dan refused to sell. I begged Dan to just leave the house and let it fall into foreclosure with Nook. Dan still refused. At first, our fighting was one-sided and mild. I would beg Dan to leave. He would say no and laugh. I woul get mad or sad, depending on my mood, and that was it. But then our fighting got worse. Unfortunately, I couldn't hide it from Sunshine. We wouldn't talk to each other or interact openly. We would avoid each other, and even fight in front of her.

I was ashamed and I was sad. How did our happy life turn to this? It happened so fast. One day, I was taking a walk. Avoiding some of the litter on the ground, I was just enjoying nature. I loved Aika Village for its natural beauty. The only reasons I wanted to leave were the occurence of the recent incidents. I had seen a house nearby to ours. I didn't know anyone new was moving in. No one said anything. I figured I might as well greet the new neighbor. I knocked on the door but didn't hear anyone reply. I let myself in. However I never saw such a weird house in my life. Instead of being a normal living area, bookcases were lined up all around. It formed a sort of maze. An axe was lying on the floor. As I moved between the bookcases in the narrow line, I felt closed in and watched. I made my way back to the front of the house. I glanced upstairs. The person's bedroom was probably up there. I didn't want to intrude.

I heard a noise downstairs. A basement? Odd for a new house. Well...not really, but I didn't expect it. I realized the axe wasn't there. Thinking it was strange, I descended the stairs into the basement. I called out to the new person. "Hello? Is anyone there? I'm Alicia, your neighbor. Welcome to Aika Village!" I didn't hear a reply. Instead, I could sense raspy breathing. I swallowed nervously and called out again. "Hello?" That's when I felt something hit the back of my head. I yelled out and fell to the floor. The floor was concrete, so it hurt pretty badly. I looked up to see the doll--the expensive doll I got my daughter for her birthday--holding an axe. The doll stood over me menacingly. Her face remained the same. Her face had that doll-like appearance. The mouth was sewn shut, but somehow I heard a voice. The voice scratched my insides.

"Nobody loves you anymore."

All was black.

July 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liv
Site Owner

Day 1

My name is Dan and I'm Alicia's husband and Alexis' father. I wouldn't say our life was perfect, but we were happy and content. I was in a daze and didn't think anything would go wrong. I was very wrong though. I don't like to think about those times though. I like to focus more on the good times I had with my family. My wife and daughter (also known to us as Sunshine) were the joys of my life. Everything changed though after my daughter's 12th birthday. I was so proud of her and I was sad because she was growing up. It was all going by so fast, and time was slipping away from us all. One thing she really wanted was this giant doll. So we got it for her. I would buy her the world, if she asked for it. Anything Sunshine wanted, I would get her. She wasn't spoiled though so she didn't ask for much. I knew she would love this doll but things got weird. The town was slowly being destroyed every night and our neighbor went missing.

My wife swore to me that this was all the doll's fault. She kept pestering me to move and destroy the doll. It sounded like such nonsense though. Our arguing escalated but I continued to blow her off. My wife begged me constantly but now I was getting belligerent and our marriage was crumbling. I loved my wife and cared for her dearly, but at that point, I didn't like her. Was that normal? Better yet, was that okay? I didn't know but I did regret my actions and feelings towards her. I had no idea what was going to happen. I had no idea our lives were going to fall apart. If I did know all those things, I definitely would've approached things differently. But now...now I couldn't turn back. I was stuck on this one-way path to a life of pain and suffering.

Day 2

Alicia's and my relationship was broken and fragile. We avoided each other at all costs. We were taking walks in different parts of town. It was sad that Sunshine had to witness it, but we couldn't pretend to be civil. I'm ashamed to say it, but we even fought in front of her at times. Yes, those weren't my proudest moments. I didn't want to fight in front of Sunshine but it just...happened. I was walking around town, trying to cool down after a heated argument with Alicia. She had been insisting that the doll was doing all this stuff and she knew it. I called her crazy and stormed out. I sorta regretted saying all that stuff but it was too late to take it back now. While I was walking, I heard a piercing scream. Afraid Sunshine was in trouble, I ran towards the source of the noise. Near our house, there was a new house built besides it. I didn't know someone new was moving in. The scream sounded like it came from in there. I opened the door without knocking.

"Hello? Is anyone there? Are you okay?" The inside was creepy. I was surrounded by looming dusty bookcases. I turned to the right and walked into the basement. My wife was there, lying on the floor. Despite our differences, I ran over to her and knelt by her side. Seeing her predicament, a wave of grief overwhelemed me. Despite our previous argument, I cried. I wept. I didn't want this to happen. I heard a creak on the stairs. Sunshine was standing there, watching in awe. Tears glistened in her eyes. I covered my wife with a blanket and ran upstairs. I was now confident the doll did this. It sounds crazy...especially since I just called my wife crazy earlier; but I felt different now. I didn't feel safe now. I didn't know where to stay with Sunshine. I was terrified and I felt alone. I had come to a daunting conclusion as Sunshine and I ran through the woods of Aika Village.

Nowhere was safe from the doll.

Day 3

Finally, I had found a place to stay. Our good friend Octavian was willing to let us stay at his house. I didn't really go into details about things. Thankfully he didn't question me. When I woke up in the morning, in Octavian's living room, I was itching to leave. I didn't know where to go of course. I just got up and took a walk by the beach. It was so peaceful and happy. I had eaten some fruit to satiate my grumbling stomach. I was doing some heavy thinking. Where did my life go? What has it become? It has changed so much. Just days ago, Alicia and I would sometimes take morning walks along the beach, our feet covered with sand, Sunshine ahead of us gathering shells. It was our family time and it was our time to appreciate nature. It also symbolized our time together.

It was hard to stomach that Alicia was gone. It felt surreal. For a bit, I had believed that Alicia would pop around the corner, every second now. I missed her pretty features, her warm eyes, her giant smile, and her big heart. Now, I was missing every part of her. It's hard to believe that the woman I had frequently gotten in fights with....I now missed dearly. Of course, I always cared about her. But now...now I felt lost and confused. I admit she was my other half in life and I felt vulnerable without her. I walked along the beach, strange thoughts popping up in my head. I wasn't thinking about Sunshine when I stopped walking. I didn't think about Sunshine when I took off my shoes and left them in their spot, facing the ocean. All I was thinking about Alicia.

I just wanted to see her again.

July 16, 2014 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Blog Entries

by Liv | 0 comments
by Liv | 2 comments
by Liv | 0 comments
by Liv | 0 comments

Recent Forum Posts

by Liv over a year ago
by Liv over a year ago
by Liv over a year ago